Most of us indulge in some or the other form of physical activity but do not pay much attention to what food to consume and the importance of eating clean. Eating high-quality protein and healthy fats, does not only fill your body with plentiful vitamins and minerals, but also improves heart and brain health, assists with weight management, builds a stronger immune system and increases energy levels.
Consuming a good amount of protein post workout gives your body the amino acids it needs to repair and rebuild the muscles in use. It also gives you the building blocks required to build new muscle tissue.
One such recipe we recommend is Mustard Chicken
- 500 grams skinless boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoon mustard paste
- 1 garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 flowers of broccoli (or any vegetable you like)
How to prepare:
- Mix mustard paste, salt, pepper and chilli ( you can add a bit of honey if you like)
- Steam the chicken
- Sauté broccoli in olive oil and garlic in a covered pan until light done
- Marinate the steamed chicken in the mustard paste mix for 15 minutes
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook on slow flame in olive oil until soft and juicy
The mustard chicken is ready, you can serve it with garlic broccoli on the side. It's always a good idea to include greens in every meal.