No Products in the Cart
Hitting the gym can be an overwhelming and daunting experience for some. Others, who are regulars, usually have a set routine they follow when it comes to things they do to prep for the gym. At Kica, we follow 5 simple yet effective rules that allow us to optimize our time at the gym, and perform to our very best.
1. Coffee: This is a pre workout substitute that we cannot live without! Whether it’s a latte or an espresso shot, taking this 20-30 minutes before the gym gets us amped up. It gives us the perfect amount of energy we need to kill it at the gym!
2. A cute outfit: There’s research that shows that quality activewear motivates you to work harder, and in turn helps you achieve your fitness goals. Your brain can be trained to associate gym clothes with a workout. The clothing a person wears can trigger mental changes that positively affect your performance and confidence level. When you look good, you feel more confident, so investing in good quality, cute
activewear can make you feel the part AND help you perform your best.
3. Food: Fuel your workout with the right food. There’s an optimum amount of food that leaves you feeling good, not too sluggish from eating too much or too lethargic from eating too little. Things like bananas, protein bars, chicken and rice, oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter and fruit are perfect pre workout meals. If you fail to provide yourself with the energy and nutrients required during exercise, not only your performance but your results won’t be as good as they can be and chances of injury will also increase.
It is recommended to eat a full meal about 2-3 hours before a workout. For a pre
workout snack, 30 minutes - 1 hour is perfect.
4. Music: A music playlist is essential for me. It gets me energized and in the zone. Here’s a link to all my bangers:
5. A plan: My workouts are always the best when I plan ahead of time what I’m going to be doing at the gym. Which exercises, what equipment, which body part I’ll be using. This not only helps you get mentally prepared, but it ensures you make the best use of your time while at the gym.
These are 5 of the best ways that we prepare for the gym or any workout for that matter.